Sunday, June 02, 2013

Connected By Kim Karr, Review

This review is going to be a little different than usual. Since both Oriana and I read and thoroughly enjoyed Connected, we want to give you guys both perspectives of the book. 

Click here to visit Kim Karr's website, twitter and facebook. Be sure to tell her how much you love her book!

Tanisha's Review: 

“I feel like fate has brought us together again. I also believe that one night, so long ago, just wasn’t the right time for us. But tonight is.” 
― Kim KarrConnected

When  I first started Connected I could not get into it, but I think it was because I had other activities going on. But once I was calm and relaxed, I fell in love with this book. One thing about Connected is nothing is predictable. NOTHING. Kim Karr knows  exactly how to throw you through some loops, and have you cursing out a fictional character. 

You know how everything happens for a reason? Well I think this book thrives on that statement. There is no way Dahlia and River can meet two times and not have a specific reasoning for it.

Dahlia London has had her streak of bad luck, but everything changed when she meets River Wilde for the second time. 

River Wilde is the perfect example of what a man should be (which is how we know this is fiction), and I know most women would agree with me. He's charming, honest, loyal and lovable. But let me not forget his looks. I would use adorable, enthralling, gorgeous, tantalizing, and mesmerizing to describe River Wilde. Just perfection.

I love how he healed her heart with just being his self, and showing how much he cares for her with his actions.

I'm not going to give away too much, but that cliff-hanger at the end...woah.

Thank you Kim Karr for being such a great writer!

-Tanisha (:

Oriana's Review:

Wow. Is the first thing I have to say. When I read Connected I was left mouth opened and angry!!! But you'll understand why once you read it. ;). 

So lets talk about River Wilde for a moment....perfection. That's what it all falls down too. River is amazing in every and yes ladies I mean everyyyyy sense if you catch my drift lol. But when Daliah first sets eyes on him danger is the only thing that her brain can drum up. But lord knows the danger wouldn't keep her from talking to him. 

Fate is a funny thing, see no matter what or who or where you are if it's fate you meet someone you will. But destiny, see destiny makes sure that even if the timing is bad you get another chance. 

When Dahlia is at her lowest destiny plays it's game and makes sure that River Wilde comes back into her life like lighting. Too fast to see it strike but the aftermath is a huge impact. 

"Something... no everything about him drew my attention."

This book has everything a good book needs. Love. Laughs. Drama. And the ONLY cliffhanger. I swear I have never cursed a character out until I read this book. I legit tweeted my hatred for a certain character and my friend had to ask me if I was ok lol. 

Read connected, fall in love with River and Dahlia but most importantly let it give you hope. Hope that when it's meant to be it will be. 

x. O

2 comments: