Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Movie Review Monday: Star Trek Into Darkness

Star Trek: Into Darkness (2013)

Synopsis: The Star Trek franchise continues with this follow-up to 2009's J.J. Abrams-directed reboot. Abrams returns to direct from a script by Damon Lindelof and the writing team of Roberto Orci and Alex Kurtzman. The crew of the Enterprise engages in an epic battle of good versus evil after being summoned home, only to discover Starfleet in ruins, and they venture into a war zone to find the powerful villain (Sherlock's Benedict Cumberbatch) responsible for the devastation (Fandango


Tanisha's Review: This is one of the best films of 2013, no ifs, ands or buts about it. I was eager to see to this movie because my favorite actor Benedict Cumberbatch was starring as the evil Khan. But I was very impressed with this franchise. They are making a killing off the revamping of the series. I think they did a great job continuing from the 2009 film. (Which I saw a week before seeing this one.) I like Star Trek, and in my opinion, it's a lot easier to follow than Star Wars. 

This movie was truly a blockbuster hit, and even if you haven't seen the TV episodes, you can still understand whats going on. Full of amazing action, and great wit. Also, seeing Captain Kirk, and Spock becoming closer was such a tear-jerker.  J.J. Abrams did an spectacular job, and I can't to see more of his films. 

Why I think you should see this? Benedict. Cumberbatch. And then go on Netflix and watch him on Sherlock. 

I give this movie a 5 our of 5 stars.
Got a movie request? E-mail us at ohhteeblog@gmail.com

Watch the trailer below, and then check out the movie.

0 comments:

Post a Comment