Monday, June 03, 2013

Movie Review Monday: Friends With Kids

Friends With Kids (2012)

Synopsis: Jennifer Westfeldt wrote, directed, and stars in the romantic comedy Friends With Kids. She plays Julie, a Manhattanite whose biological clock is about to run out, so she convinces her longtime platonic best friend, Jason (Adam Scott) to father a child with her.
They seem to have a much easier time juggling the responsibilities of new parenthood without the complication of being in a relationship with each other, which is in contrast to the two couples they are closest to. As their friends' marriages implode, Julie and Jason's happy equilibrium topples over as well when he falls for a hot young artist (Megan Fox) and she begins dating a successful businessman (Edward Burns). (From Fandango

Tanisha's Review: This movie was quite funny, but predictable. But I think that's what had me so into it. I have a crude sense of humor, so all the "vulgar" language did not bother me. Friends With Kids is that one film that is so bad, that it's great. I don't see it winning any Grammy's, but it's good for relaxing on a Saturday or Sunday afternoon. 

Jennifer Westfield was a little awkward, I'll admit that. But this movie really depicts some of the struggles that comes with having children accurately. My favorite couple were the two that was also in Bridesmaids, hilarious. And my favorite part had to be the ending, but I won't ruin it for you. You'll just have to watch to find out. 

I give this movie a 3.5 out of 5 stars.

Got a movie review request? E-mail us at ohhteeblog@gmail.com




Watch the trailer below, and then go check out the movie, which is currently available on Netflix.

0 comments:

Post a Comment