Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Find you in the Dark by A. Meredith Walters

Before I start this review I need to say that I am indeed crying as I write this. I literally just finished the book and I'm a sobbing mess. Now if you're an avid reader of my reviews you know that I'm very dramatic when I review books, Tee would say I'm extra and maybe a drama queen (which I am lol) but it's because I get so involved with the stories I read. So without further interruptions I'll start my review now.

Maggie Young was lost in her daily routine, she had great parents, great friends but nothing about her A typical life excited her. She was going through the motions just being alive rather than living. That is until she ran into Clayton Reed.


Clayton was beautiful, quiet and dangerous. But not the -rides a motorcycle with no helmet- type of dangerous. No Clay had secrets and issues that needed to be addressed. He needed help but it's hard to help someone who didn't want to face the truth. Although for Maggie, he would open up, he would try.

But sometimes love isn't enough and Maggie could only do so much, with a love unlike any other she would try to do anything for Clay even if it meant turning her back on those who she loves. But when is enough enough? How many times can someone apologize until sorry doesn't mean a damn thing? It's not just saying "I'm sorry" it's also changing, wanting to change, to better yourself. But Clay had demons to fight and Maggie could only be his savior for so long. 

"Sometimes love can't make everything better, and the best thing for everyone is to walk away. No matter how much it may hurt."

Find you in the Dark is brilliant, an amazing story with heartbreaking moments. It's a look into the life of a boy who needs to be saved and a girl who would risk it all to save him. There are moments you want to punch Clay in the face and moments you want to hold him and never let go. And Maggie is wonderful, so young yet so strong, so brave. 

"Just know that you are and always will be my world. You found me in the dark and saved me from myself. You have shown me the type of person I want to be and I strive to be him. For you and for me. I will love you forever."

Light in the Shadows is the sequel to this story. Of course I will be reading and reviewing it as well.

x.O 

1 comment:

  1. Blood would feel shed, noses busted, lips split,
    as well as the ribs cracked. Most linked the time, they don't think looking at responding anything.

    Have a look at my webpage: imprezy integracyjne

    ReplyDelete