Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Claim Me (Stark Trilogy #2) By J.Kenner


We pick up in this story right where we left off in Release Me. Nikki is still in the midst of her transaction with Mr. Stark, but now it's different. Their relationship has blossomed into something so much more powerful, erotic, fulfilling.


We already know that Damien is used to getting what he wants and when he wants it, so it comes to no shock that Nikki is his. But now Nikki wants more, she needs more, and my does she get it. We see her evolve in this book, she really is a strong female character but there are times when doubt creeps in and she can't help but wonder can someone like Damien ever really belong to another human being? Belong to her?


"Damien has seen me stripped bare in every way possible. And yet it seems as though I've only seen glimpses of him, and those cast in shadow."

But gosh darn it Nikki refuses to leave the man she loves, even when things go from bad to worst. She is determined to be by his side, and nothing, no one, or anything will get in her way, not even Damien trying to push her away.

Damien wants nothing more than to protect Nikki from his past, and from the secrets he holds. But he can't sometimes all the money in the world means nothing at all. Even when he tries to leave her, he can't. For he is a selfish man and needs Nikki in his life more than she might know. 

"But you're the one in control." I shift my hips a little, silently letting him know that I hold the control now. "No." He shakes his head. "That's an illusion, nothing more. It's you, Nikki. You have captured me utterly, and you hold my heart in your hands. Be gentle with it. It's more fragile than you might think."

Claim Me is utter brilliance. Kudos to Kenner who once again brings me to the edge of my seat. Of course she leave me with a cliffhanger and as far as my patience can go. I must of course take it all in good grace knowing that this summer Complete Me comes out and I get to read more about this dynamic duo.


"Bound to him. Marked by him. Claimed by him."

I am definitely Damienized so Stark me up.

x. O



2 comments:

  1. Omg, i luvvvvvv Ohh reviews. They make my week #bookwormlove

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH EM GEE! This made my week, thank you so muchhhh. I'm totally happy that I can make someones week with my simply little reviews. <3333

      luvvvvvv yah right back.

      x.O

      Delete