Friday, March 01, 2013

Rule by Jay Crownover Review

"Opposites don't just attract they freaking catch fire and burn the entire city down.

Shaw Landon was a class act, the girl was beautiful, smart, and tried her best to make sure that those she loved were happy. Even if it meant she had to carry the burden or suffer because of it. She had goals and was driven to be a successful doctor but she had bigger plans for herself. She has been in love with the same boy since she was 13 years old..

Rule Archer was everything your mother told you to stay away from. A bad boy with tattoos and piercings (delicious piercings if you get what I mean ;) ) but he was damaged, and to make it worst he didn't think he deserved love. His other half was taken from him before his time, his best friend, his twin brother Remy. No doubt that without Remy Rule just got worst. Going from woman to woman, drink to drink he eased the pain of losing his brother by sleeping around and doing what he loved most, tattooing. 

Shaw was tied to the Archer family and Rule hated that he had to see her, hated that she was beautiful and smart and that she was the perfect match for his perfect twin brother. But Shaw and Remy had secrets, secrets that when they got out, could destroy it all. Shaw swore to hold all of Remy's secrets even after his death but she could only hold them so long before things got worst.

She spend almost 10 years being in love with Rule, secretly pinning for him, while being treated like furniture by her own family. But she adored the Archers and more importantly she was in love with Rule..flaws and all. She knew that he was always worthy of it all, her love, his families love. 

"I think it's genetically impossible to not be kind of in love with him when you come equipped with a vagina. It's just something about all that angsty, moody swagger he has that makes you want to cuddle him up and make him feel better."

So what happens when the bad boy and the good girl try to make it work? Hearts are broken, families will be torn, but the truth will always set you free...


"Here's my heart Shaw. You have it in your hands and I promise you're the first and last person to ever touch it. You need to be careful with it because it's far more fragile than I ever thought and if you try and give it back I'm not taking it. I don't know enough about love to know for sure that's what this between us is, but I know that for me it's you and only you from here on out and I can only promise to be careful and not push you away again."

I laughed, I cried, I was happy and I was sad. This was an epic love story, Rule and Shaw were two different people but no matter how far into the dark Rule was Shaw would always bring him back. She was the light at the end of the tunnel.


This story was amazeballs amazing! I loved every moment of it and I recommend it to everyone! 

It even has an amazing soundtrack to it. Read it. Love it. Live it.

"Love like this wasn't to be missed even for those of us that had never realized it was out there.

xoxo. O


0 comments:

Post a Comment