Monday, March 04, 2013

Fallen Too Far by Abbi Glines, Review

“Everyone always says that love was enough. It wasn’t. Not when your soul has been shattered.”
-Abbi Glines, Fallen Too Far
Blair Wynn, a gun toting 19 year-old, decides she has no option but to ask her father for help. Knowing she has nothing else left in this world, he offers her a place to stay. But when she gets there, she soon realizes he isn’t even in the country. He’s out gallivanting with his new wife. While she’s trying to figure out how she’s going to live and what to do, she meets Rush, his new wife’s son. He tells her that she can stay, but she has to sleep in the bedroom inside the pantry under the stairs. Blair gladly takes that, because what else does she have?The first thing she does is find a job at the local country club. She’s hired on the spot, she starts as a drink cart girl, meeting all the local regulars. Some of them take quickly to her because of her “good-looks”. Especially the owner’s son, Woods. Basically, Woods tries to warn her to be careful with Rush and his sister, Nan. Nan despises Blair, but she can’t for the life of her figure out why. 
The whole town knows this big secret, and Rush is doing everything in his power for Blair not to find out what it is. But as Rush is being a serious jerk to Blair, he is slowly falling in love with her. First, there are a few kisses here and there, and then he warns her to stay away from him because he’s no good for her. (Does that sound familiar? Fifty? Gideon?) She starts to feel like he’s playing with her emotions, until that trip to the “Honky-Tonk”. (By the way, that sounds like so much fun!)  The sexual tension is too much for them, and by the end of the night, someone ended up pants-less in the back seat of someone’s Range Rover.
“Because I’ve had a taste and I’m not sharing. This isn’t just for fun. I may be slightly addicted.” 
The plot twist of the book is probably why I gave it 5 stars. From the middle of the book, until the end, I kept freaking out trying to figure out what was the big secret. It was kind of confusing at first but by the end of it, you’ll know why no one wanted to tell Blair. It doesn’t help that she owns a gun either.
“There are some things you need to know.” He closed his eyes and took a deep breath. “I’m dealing with the fact that you may walk away from me once you know them and never look back. It scares the hell out of me. I don’t know what this is that is going on between us but from the moment I laid eyes on you I knew you were going to change my world. I was terrified. The more I watched you the more you drew me in. I couldn’t get close enough.” 
Something that was kind of weird for me…wasn’t Rush her stepbrother? Should she be having sexual relations with her stepbrother? I don’t know. But kudos to you, Abbi Glines, it was a fabulously well-written story. I couldn’t put it down.

-Tanisha (: 

0 comments:

Post a Comment